Hope is the thing with feathers, that perches in the soul, and sings the tune without the words, and never stops at all. ~ Emily Dickinson
If you’re reading this, then you probably want to know a little bit more “about” me. In a nutshell, I’m a writer and award-winning author from Buffalo, NY. I love music, college basketball, baggy clothes, feel-good movies and the color blue. Basically, I’m just an ordinary individual who strongly believes that I can positively impact the world through writing.
Since graduating from Randolph-Macon College in 2000 with a BA in Creative Writing and English, I’ve been a high school sports reporter, columnist, journalist, blogger, author, copywriter, web writer and sportswriter. Now, I am a sportswriter for The Athletic/Buffalo.
I’m also a seasoned freelance writer, specializing in feature articles and columns on sports, women, human interest and LGBTQ issues. My work has appeared both nationally and locally in numerous publications and websites including Deadspin, The Ringer, ESPN/espnW.com, Teen Vogue, Them, The Guardian, Allure, The Huffington Post, Thefootballgirl.com, Curve Magazine, NBCOut.com, The Buffalo News/BNBlitz.com, Buffalo Magazine, Gay Parent Magazine, and more. In 2017, an article I wrote for Narratively about an old man and his anti-Trump sign was the most read/popular story of the year.
As for being an author, I primarily write fiction but I am embarking on a non-fiction project with fellow writer and friend, Britni de la Cretaz. We are currently repped by JL Sterner at New Leaf Literary.
• The Crabapple Tree, 2009, Lulu
• The Trouble with Emily Dickinson, 2011, Publishing Syndicate (second edition)
• The Education of Queenie McBride, 2012, Publishing Syndicate
• Maggie’s Adventure: I’m Going Over Niagara Falls In A Barrel, 2015, Self-published
• A Three-Step Guide to Becoming a Published Author, 2011, Self-published
• Peas in a Pod; Chicken Soup for the Soul: Celebrating Brothers and Sisters, 2007
• 2008 Golden Crown Literary Society Award — Debut Author
The Trouble with Emily Dickinson
• 2018 Best American Sports Writing — Notable Mention
My Father, President Donald J. Trump and the Buffalo Bills